Saturday, October 16, 2010

Walking in Confidence! LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE!!!!!!!!

*A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.*   A. A. Milne ~Teddy Bear

 It is interesting to me.... browsing you-tube... I have seen a few videos of girls that have done what I am on this journey to do, lose about 150 pounds or more total...... From their first vids @ their highest weights to further into their journey...the thing I am noticing the MOST....., even more then how amazing they look, is the change in their CONFIDENCE! Some of them start out almost shy.....and as they go along, they are getting pretty darn sassy ;) LOL. I love it, because as the Flubber Suits are being melted off of them through their exercise and nutrition changes they are like a Butterfly emerging from their Cocoon! Their true UNHINDERED selves are coming to the surface!

For me, I actually noticed a bit of this in MYSELF this past few days...I am usually insanely picky about going ANYWHERE without my make-up and hair done... because it's always been the thing I have control over.... now the other day after work, I went out to one of the big chain stores...and had no make-up other then foundation and I think some faded lipstick. lol... hair was up in a twisty thing, and wearin' my work clothes and a sweater that's getting too big on me ( one of my * new* 2x's from a month ago! woohoo! ;)...there were about 5 gazillion people in the store. lol. Go figure, right? But in I went...

Now at one point... I began to feel some of those old , rotten feelings of being super self-conscious trying to rear their ugly heads...BUT...here is the thing. I STOPPED it. I saw myself in the mirror, and instead of saying, * Holy cow... you look TERRIBLE! look at that flubber! Look at that hair! YIKES!*.... I said...* Ok WAIT. You know what girlie? You've lost FIFTY-FIVE pounds! 38.25 INCHES! STOP. So you look a little less then perfect today. It's Walmart for pete's sake, and who cares?! *

I know it may sound a little silly.. but for ME.. this was a  HUGE mental change. Some of those nasty bits of the insecurity stronghold I have held onto my entire life are fallin' off me left and right along with those pounds and inches!  (on a side note, a really WONDERFUL book about how we talk to ourselves it *Battlefield of the Mind * by Joyce Meyer... VERY powerful!). And guess what? TODAY I did the same thing. We had our awesome Northland Fit Club this morning ( burned about 700 calories in an hour! woot!) .... I hadn't even washed my hair this morn' when I showered....just stuck it up in pigtails...was wearin' my workout pants, and a sweatshirt ( and once again, this 2x is getting baggy! I know, cause both my fellow fit-club coaches told me so! ahhh!:)  and once again... no make-up! But what did I do? Off to Walmart, off to look at costumes....I was up by those stores and simply did NOT care! I even bought the most GORGEOUS dress.... it is a size 8/10.... it was 5 dollars..lol.. lovin' the thrift stores... it's gonna be a looooong time until I could possibly fit into it, but this is my * Goal dress* A beautiful, shimmery, gothicy little black dress... TOTALLY my style and TOTALLY something I would never have been able to even CONSIDER I would ever get into. BUT.... I am NOT stopping until I reach my healthy goal! It may or may not be the right size by then, but for 5 dollars to hang on my door to remind me what I want to look like and FEEL like...( a REAL woman! Not a marshmallow! ) it was SO worth it!


As I have said a few times... this change is not just physical! In fact, it MUST start with your mind. Because until your mind us ready to commit, your body will not cooperate. You will not stick to your plans. But once the mind is SET. NOTHING...and NO ONE can STOP YOU!

am I 100% comfortable in my skin? Of course not. But I am MILES more confident then I ever have been before. I have the MIND-SET of a HEALTHY FIT person...and so that is what I am becoming! It may take many  more months for that to completely come to the surface, but it is the truth! And you know what? People are starting to notice I am coming out of my shell. And it is a WONDERFUL feeling! 

I'm DONE with being a wallflower, and am on this journey to let my true sassy, confident self shine! God didn't make me to hide my light under a bushel! He created me to love and support people, to encourage them, and to actually ENJOY my life! He has plans and purposes He made just for me, that I am SO done letting fear, failure and fat steal!!!!!  ( just as He has for YOU! YES every single ONE of you! ...not matter WHERE you are at in your journeys.. you are SPECIAL and PRECIOUS! )

GRRRRRROOOWWWWWWWLLLLL says this Turbo Bear! LMAO!

Let's ROCK our lives my readers... GET UP and WORK it! Fat is only a shell. Don't hide behind it anymore! It won't happen overnight, but oh YES, it CAN and WILL happen if you are determined!

LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. SHINE SHINE SHINE! I am so blessed to have met you. You have such an amazing outlook on things! I am so proud of you and what you have lost so far. You are so much stronger than those who do not have a battle to fight. Those who could just tone up a bit and won't do it. And you are putting yourself out there in order to help others! How amazingly self-less of you and not a thing that many will do. This is going to come back to you ten-folds in more way than one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful my Aimsters....you know I've been on the same journey and I agree with you 100% on it all!!! I am rejoicing that you are seeing yourself as the precious, gorgeous woman of God that you are, inside AND out! A million people could tell you, but until you KNOW it yourself, you will never believe it. You've GOT IT girl! You are soooo on your way!! And I pray that God will continually keep you strong & steadfast till you reach your goal!! :) Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete